cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT SMART HUB PLUG

Yesterday I had an open reach engineer out. Did a great job.  After 10mins or they had been left there was a loud pop fizz smoke and burning smell. The plug literally blew up.  Just Happy I was in when it happened.

Out of interest has this happened to anyone else.  I have images but the size is to large to upload.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT SMART HUB PLUG

You would have to imagine this is a coincidence, unlucky for sure, I assume you have a spare power supply for it?

I havent had it with a BT plug but I did get it with a 12v DC adapter for something else, in fact I do have images of mine...one of the caps blew up....I know this might not be helpful but as a show of solidarity, this sort of thing has happened to me before, also tripped the power in my house too.

psu.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT SMART HUB PLUG

I have had to order a replacement.  We are due to move house later this year so will go with the mesh option 

0 Ratings