cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Smart Hub 2 FTTP version locked to BT?

Go to solution

Hi all.  I’ve got a couple of quick questions about the BT Smart Hub 2 FTTP (fibre to the property) version.

Firstly, is it locked to BT only?  I’ve heard a rumour that it will also work with Plusnet, but not other providers?  Is this true?

Secondly, I’ve got the FTTP version of the hub.  I assume this would also work with FTTC (fibre to the cabinet), and also bog-standard broadband via copper telephone cables if the situation arose?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 FTTP version locked to BT?

Go to solution

@theth1nman wrote:

Hi all.  I’ve got a couple of quick questions about the BT Smart Hub 2 FTTP (fibre to the property) version.

Firstly, is it locked to BT only?  I’ve heard a rumour that it will also work with Plusnet, but not other providers?  Is this true?

YES

Secondly, I’ve got the FTTP version of the hub.  I assume this would also work with FTTC (fibre to the cabinet), and also bog-standard broadband via copper telephone cables if the situation arose?

YES

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Great, many thanks for the swift response, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If you're planning on moving to Plusnet they supply their own version of the SH2, so you may as well take that.