cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 93

Re: BT Smart Hub 3 and Complete Wifi 2 Release and Availability

There's now a further update to the link and this can be found at https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/01/bt-prep-consumer-ee-rebrand-and-smarthub-3-router-for-...

Speculation is that the launch will be Feb-April 2023, but is part of  a BT shift to separating their Business side from their Consumer side and that the SH3 will be issued under the EE branding.
The suggestion is that new customers will be supplied with SH3, and existing customers will be offered an upgrade.
They have already announced they are issuing a 'Stop sell' on BT Mobile and all enquiries for new mobile services are being directed towards EE.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 93

To be honest this is 12 month too late to the party. Releasing this spring, not wifi 7, not even wifi6e but wifi6 BT are a joke with there extortionate pricing.

My next door neighbour paying half of what I am, was provided with a wifi 6e router with mesh, and receives approx 500mbps wifi speed at back of house, whereas mine stuggles with 70ish mbps.

I've had 2x BT wifi engineers check of everything is OK, and told nothing can be done apart from getting an external contractor to run cable to router.  As soon as my contract is up I will be moving after being a customer of BT for 20years now.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 93

Yeah really slow this wifi 5 isn't it, ONLY 866M

wifi5.jpg

Message 24 of 93

If the new hub turns out to be only Wi-Fi 6, then I agree, it's a poor show. It needs to be at least Wi-Fi 6e.

re liquorice; 866Mbps is link speed, a world away from throughput.

--
https://warehamwx.co.uk/
Message 25 of 93

@Mapantz wrote:

re liquorice; 866Mbps is link speed, a world away from throughput.

Err yes, but it is the link speed we are talking about when comparing wifi5 and wifi6, not throughput.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 93

866Mbps is link speed, a world away from throughput.

Never a truer word spoken. Vast majority of advertised speeds you can hack in half for starters. Even a switch from Wi-Fi5 to Wi-Fi6 is only going to give you a few hundred mbps of PHY rate.

Add to this, how many Wi-Fi6/6E capable devices do people have? I consider myself a power user, and out of 40+ clients, I've 4. Doesn't matter what the router can do if your connected clients can't keep the pace.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 93

There are loads of Wifi5E and 6 devices available now. All intel 12th and 13th Gen board i belive and AM5 boards have WiFi 6 at least with most being 6E. Alot of teh newer boards also come with 2.5Gbps LAN ports (mine has a 5Gbps LAN port). Also most new mobiles and tablets have at least WiFi 6 now. This new smarthub is supposedly to la8unch with BTs new 1.6Gbps service but has no WIFI 6e or 2.5Gbps LAN ports,  Makes me wonder if thsi is why teh service has been delayed another 4 months again

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 93

08aee181-f0a9-44cb-b77e-f97f4be0ee24.jpeg

Hi all,
I have received my BT smart hub 3 along with the EE hybrid connect today. Will install it later on and hopefully get some answers.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 93

@braj_chan 

Are you a tester on a higher speed tier? Or was this just an upgrade?

--
https://warehamwx.co.uk/
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 93

Does it support phone/digital voice? i.e. has it got an RJ11 phone slot on the back

0 Ratings