cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 93

Re: BT Smart Hub 3 and Complete Wifi 2 Release and Availability

Which WiFi extender? Is it the one that's message to be compatible with smart hub 3. Also is the extender WiFi 6 compatible? 

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 93

The one from the press release in June. It's compatible with smart hub 2 but apparently has wifi 6 compatibility.

ZnGsUfj

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 93

@Monir They are WiFi 6 but you will only get WiFi 6 speeds if the disc is connected to the hub via Ethernet/ Else it would receive signal from the hub at WiFi 5 and transmit at WiFi 6 but because receiving via the older standard the WiFi 6 would be bottle necked and full speed not achieved (another reason why Smart Hub 3 is dead ion the water with out 2.5Gbps LAN ports)

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 93

@licquorice and what did i post that was wrong? There was questions abort WiFi 6 on the discs and i answered them. Please explain why this is bad

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 93

Your constant whingeing about lack of 2.5G ports

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 93

Where did you get this image/info from @gameinn1 ? Also I thought the new discs would have more antennas compared to the older ones that has 4x4 for each band, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 93

@licquorice its not whinging if its a genuine issue. Maybe you are not an enthusiast or power user, maybe you never tried down loading large CAD files from work. Just because you don't understand the need for 2.5Gbps ports on a premium service offering speeds above 1Gbps, that doesn't mean its not a genuine concern. I have seen complaints about this on many tech forums and on tech websites such as ISPReview. If you cannot be constructive maybe do not post. Now there is some sage advise to a "Distinguished Sage"

Message 58 of 93

How large can these kinda files get? Just curious 

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 93

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 93

@Monir  Depends on the project. A large project with multiple 3d objects and high quality textures can easily get into the Gb's. I have 128Gb of RAM in my system and if i have multiple CAD files open i can you most of that. These files are also saving changes in real time to the server as well so vast amounts of data going 2 ways.  Meanwhile in the house there are 3 other users online gaming, streaming 4k and downloading large game files. 1Gbps soon starts to be saturated.

I have said it before but a premium service is most likely to attract power users / enthusiast who need and know how to use the bandwidth, the hardware supplied should reflect this