cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Smart Hub kicks me from network when specific IP connects to my game server

Go to solution

Hello, first time here!

I've been hosting Minecraft servers on my pc for my friends for the past 3 years, with no problems from my router. However, since 2 days ago, every time a user joins from a specific IP (2 siblings play on my server that cause this problem but other users do not) it completely disconnects my pc from the network and hides the connection so I cannot reconnect until reboot.

I am running a Windows 10 desktop with an ethernet connection, and the Minecraft server is a 1.10 forge server. 

I have never experienced this type of error before, nor are there any errors in my server logs that would indicate a problem on that end. 

The only reason I have come up with as for why this could be happening is maybe the router thinks their connection is dangerous and disconnects my pc from the network to prevent compromise? I don't know how I would check that sort of thing.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub kicks me from network when specific IP connects to my game server

Go to solution

Sounds more like the device connecting from that address is infected with malware.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub kicks me from network when specific IP connects to my game server

Go to solution

We checked with various anti malware programs and none found any such problems on either end

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

After some testing and educated guessing, I have found that the issue was the latest version of my ethernet driver. After rolling back, the issue has been resolved 

0 Ratings