cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Whole Home - Firmware not updating

Hi

I have had BT Whole Home for years and have noticed I am on Firmware v1.02.06 build12 but have seen post where they mention a newer firmware, when I click 'Check' it says 'You already have the latest version of firmware.'

I have enabled Early Adopter but still the same, how do I update the Firmware?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Whole Home - Firmware not updating

@jonpix 

Welcome to this user forum for BT phone and broadband customers

Have you read this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Please-read-this-first/td-p/202...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I have and this does not help my issue
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Try the product helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I think there was an issue with BT certificates.

Now, I think (But maybe i am wrong) the only way to update the firmware is to borrow a disc running current firmware! Factory reset your disc and remove from power and ethernet, Set the borrowed disk up (running the latest firmware) as the master/primary disc, configure with all your settings SSID Passwords etc.., then connect a nodes/discs 1 at a time with Ethernet cable and power on, leave each disc a good 5-10 mins depending on your download speeds for the discs to update firmware and write your settings you should see them appear in the PC web interface, once stable remove and relocate and do the same for each node.

Then when you return the borrowed disc, (factory reset it away from your system), just connect it to their system with ethernet and power leave for 5 mins and again you should see it appear in the UI all configured and working again just relocate.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings