cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

BT Whole Home Hub Wifi App not recognising network all of a sudden

Hi,

I have a network of BT Whole Home Wifi Hubs in my house and they appear to be working ok, with everything connected to them in the house. However, my Whole Home Wifi App (all of a sudden) doesn't see the network?!? It was working before, but when I went to check my network setup today, my app doesn't see the discs, despite my iPhone being connected to the wifi network it's supposed to be. I've tried reseting all of my discs and reset my router too, but to no avail. My network is working though, as everything is connected in my house. What could be the problem here? Thanks.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: BT Whole Home Hub Wifi App not recognising network all of a sudden

Have you restarted your iPhone? Might be worthwhile if you haven't as you appear to have restarted most other things.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've restarted EVERYTHING! 😉 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

OK, I'm not familiar with the App you are using, but from your first post it immediately struck me from what you described that the problem was likely o be at the App end of things, and having reset everything else but not mentioned the iPhone it struck me as an obvious move - but so obvious you thought so too it seems!

Have you changed any settings on the iPhone /App recently? Is you iPhone using random MAC addresses - not sure why that would cause a problem, but might be worth disabling on your home network to prevent problems with your router running out of addrress space.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

I've not changed any settings that I'm aware of. I've reinstalled the app now, and even though I'm connected to the wifi network it's supposed to manage, the app isn't recognising any discs on the network. No idea what's going on, but it means that I can't manage the network any more!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Try a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

If you have set up port forwarding or any other things other such as fixed IP addresses to individual devices carry out a back up of the settings, found in the advance settings , so that you can restore them if needed.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Thanks Keith, but I've done all of that and still the app doesn't see the discs, even though the discs are working fine, internet is connected everywhere and I'm connected to the correct wifi on my device. I'm stumped! And I can't check the firmware without connecting on the device!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

I'm reluctant to do a full factory reset, as I have 5 discs in my set up and it's a right ball ache! I wouldn't mind normally, but the network appears to be working fine, it's just the app that won't connect to it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

@scottyrobson wrote:

I'm reluctant to do a full factory reset, as I have 5 discs in my set up and it's a right ball ache! I wouldn't mind normally, but the network appears to be working fine, it's just the app that won't connect to it.

Your choice.

0 Ratings