cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Whole home wifi - one disc drops out every few days, reconnects on power cycling

I recently bought a new disc, taking my discs from 3 to 4. I had to move them around due to my router location.

When they are all up and running it works perfectly, no dead spots, fast speeds. Every day or so though, one particular disc (an existing one NOT the new one) drops off the network, red light.

If I turn the power off and on again, it reconnects to the network and everything works again.

My topology is

Garage - ethernet to Router

|---Conservatory (Problem disk) +1 ethernet device (Hive Hub)

|----Study

|---Lounge

Any clues as to why this keeps happening and what to do are appreciated.

logs from last 2 days in the pastbin. It's the "Conservatory" device that drops off.

https://pastebin.com/t0vvAzQN

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Whole home wifi - one disc drops out every few days, reconnects on power cycling

There are other posts on here about this - it is a defective firmware problem. 

If you ask BT to remotely reset your hub, they can force installation of the latest firmware. That update solved the problem for me.   

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Whole home wifi - one disc drops out every few days, reconnects on power cycling

I should have specified. I don't a BT hub. It's an EE 5gee outdoor router so I don't think BT can get to my discs remotely. 

The disc firmware looks up to date, but perhaps I need to force upgrade the firmware again somehow? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

To add that the router is an EE 5gee outdoor router

0 Ratings