cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can Whole Home cause "broadcast storm" or otherwise affect router?

Go to solution

We have the classic Whole Home (big white discs). We are finding that a few times a day, our internet speed will drop and ping increase dramatically for anything from 1-10 minutes. It happens out of the blue and goes back to normal just as suddenly.

This affects WiFi devices on the mesh and wired devices directly on the router so it's not directly a mesh issue, but the ISP is suggesting the discs are the problem as they cannot see the same problem on their side - i.e. my router is the thing that's slow not my internet connection.

I thought that sounded odd but looking around online, I have seen suggestions that extenders/mesh systems can cause such issues. There was mention of them flooding the router/home network with traffic between the discs in a "broadcast storm".

Is this product known to cause any such issues and if so what could be done about it? My setup is fairly normal - primary disc plugged into the router, 3 others wirelessly connect to it/each other. It happens regardless if anyone is actually using the WiFi for anything as far as I can tell - e.g. I'm using my PC (ethernet) and nobody else is in.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can Whole Home cause "broadcast storm" or otherwise affect router?

Go to solution

Hi @MrBoy thanks for posting and sorry you didn't get a reply yet.

It's probably best to speak with the product helpdesk about this. Call them on 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm and see if they can help you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I think I've found the issue is actually a different device on my network not the discs. 

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

That's great @MrBoy.

Thanks for posting back and keeping us updated.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings