cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT mesh network map

Go to solution

I have a BT mini whole home Wi-Fi mesh with 6 units total. Two units show poor signal but the network map shows some other units and several devices daisy chaining through them rather than linking to stronger units that are nearer! How does this happen? Can I force the network map to look more sensible given the strength and location?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT mesh network map

Go to solution

@Banosprof 

Welcome to this user forum for BT phone and broadband customers.

You would be best to check with the product helpdesk as they may be able to answer this for you. Call them on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT mesh network map

Go to solution

Update, FYI:  I phoned the helpdesk as suggested and spoke to a helpful lady.  I told her my Network Map was showing connections that seemed illogical compared with the excellent/good/poor connection quality and the location of the various discs.  I said that I have reset and reconnected the whole system several times with no coverage improvement.  She made the.simple suggestion that I swap over one of the "excellent" discs with one of the "poor" discs.  I have done so and am amazed that the network map now looks entirely sensible and for the first time ever all six discs show good connection strength, even at the very far end of my house.  Fingers crossed it continues.  Seems too simple to be true but her advice has, so far, been very successful!