cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT refusal to acknowledge Post Office receipt of equipment mailed to them

Hi,

I recently cancelled my BT contract because of BT inefficiency. I was sent a pre-paid bag and asked to return my smart hub, which I did well before the deadline. I have the Post Office receipt. BT says they did not receive the package, refuses to accept the PO receipt as evidence, and sent me a bill for £43. Any suggestions?

Thanks, John

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT refusal to acknowledge Post Office receipt of equipment mailed to them

Did you check the Royal Mail website to confirm delivery was successful

Message 3 of 7

Is it just a receipt for payment or is it a Proof of Postage which records the returns label number?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

As Les-Gibson says first thing to do is check with Royal Mail tracking and enter the 13 digit barcode number printed on your receipt to make sure it says delivered.

I wish you luck, I returned my faulty hub back in December and even though the Royal Mail tracking says delivered, and I have contacted BT twice, my account is still showing "Awaiting Return"

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @johnhowkins@Stumpy21,

If either of you need help getting our records updated, let me know and I'll send you a private message so we can pick it up within a few working days.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 6 of 7

It's a receipt. It says self-service but the process was actually done by a member of the PO staff. He told me the PO automatically track small parcels.  The receipt says, 'It is important that you retain this receipt as it is your proof of posting'. The PO tracker service says the item was delivered on 25th February by Scottish Parcel Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for confirming that @johnhowkins.

I've sent you a private message so one of my team can pick this up for you over the next few working days.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings