cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT whole home with Vodafone router

Go to solution

Hi,

I've been using BT Whole home with 4 discs successfully for a number of years and with numerous broadband providers.  However, I'm getting problems for the first time with the discs connected to our new Vodafone router.  It is most noticeable on our Android phones where apps report the internet is offline, even though Chrome web browsing works at the same time. Disconnecting and reconnecting the phone's WiFi immediately resolves the issue.

I was going to use a different router but that's not possible according to Vodafone because we now have a VoIP landline. An older Vodafone router worked just fine when we last used them around 4 years ago.

Very frustrating! Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT whole home with Vodafone router

Go to solution

@ctracey_uk 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

You would be best to contact the WHW product helpdesk as they are best placed to help you.

You can call them on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm) or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

It may also be worth posting on the Vodaphone forum, to see if anyone else is using that system.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Welcome-to-our-Community/ct-p/vodafoneeforum

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe. I was just in the process of posting on the Vodafone forum, covering all bases, and will try tech support later

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You should be able to get it working, as the product is advertised as working with any ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Turns out ipv6 on the Vodafone router is causing the app connectivity issues and disabling it fixes the problem.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have made a note of this, just in case this forum gets another Vodaphone user with the BT Whole Home system.