cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT6610 phone display disappeared

Go to solution

Whilst cleaning the handset the display disappeared, presumably caused by pressing certain buttons on the keypad. Despite fiddling around with the buttons I am unable to restore the display. The handset can still be used for making calls and works perfectly well but obviously unable to see what number you are dialling and for incoming calls unable to see who is calling which is not ideal. Does anyone know how to restore the display?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT6610 phone display disappeared

Go to solution

@brownd1950 

Try the product helpdesk.

Product helpdesk information

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

There is no option to turn the display off. So as it's a mono display, I can only guess that the contrast has been set to the extreme where the display has gone off. Try shining a bright light on it & see if there's any sign of the display. If there's enough to see then refer to the manual to change the contrast setting. If you can't see anything I'd suggest taking one of the batteries out overnight & see if it recovers when you re-insert it.

If neither of those work then you'll have to use the manual's menu map to work out which key presses you need to get to the contrast setting & follow those "blind". But that carries some jeopardy as you won't be 100% certain of where you are in the menu, so could alter something else. If you have another handset you could put them side by side & mimic the settings on one to the other.

Unfortunately the handset can only be reset through the menu, so that doesn't really help either.

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/legacy-ug/phones/BT6610%20quickstart%20guide.pdf

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Keith, called BT’s recommended agent but they say the handset has gone faulty as there are no buttons on keypad that would have killed the display. Has to be a new phone I’m afraid.
Many thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@brownd1950 

Its worth removing the batteries for a couple of minutes, then putting them back in again, just in case the phone software has locked up, or the display contrast has been accidentally altered.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I have as suggested taken the batteries out and left them out overnight. Re-inserted this afternoon and hey presto, the display has reappeared. Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Took the batteries out and left them out overnight. Reinserted them this afternoon and hey presto, the display has reappeared. Many thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Excellent 🙂

0 Ratings