cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT8500 Advanced Call Blocker

Go to solution

Somehow my mother has managed to activate DO NOT DISTURB on her phone.  We have never set any PINS and can't seem to remove it.  Any help greatly apprecaited.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT8500 Advanced Call Blocker

Go to solution

You cannot enter the Call Control menu to set Do Not Disturb or any other function in that menu without setting a PIN. If it helps, it will be the same PIN used to remotely access the answering machine. Try 0000.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

So if we need a PIN but don't know what the PIN is, is there anyway of removing DND?  My mum has dementia so if she did set a PIN it was radom.  I've tried 0000!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@CharlieMaven 

PIN is only needed if you want to block certain calls.

See menu map. Call Control - do not disturb on/off.  VIP calls if selected, will always allow calls shown as VIP in the phone directory, to get through.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Deleted by poster

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@CharlieMaven 

PIN is only needed if you want to block certain calls.

No.

As you've highlighted, Do Not Disturb is under the Call Control menu. You cannot enter the Call Control menu without a PIN, therefore you can't disable Do Not Disturb without the PIN.

@CharlieMaven 

It would be quite a feat to enter this menu accidentally & then accidentally set a PIN, which you would then need to confirm a second time before saving. I'd suggest it would be nigh impossible to do so using random numbers. So just to be clear that we're talking about the facility on the phones rather than a BT service, do the handsets all display Do Not Disturb?

If they do then the only possible option will be to reset the base, as that's where DND seems to be enabled. That will also require a PIN but the manual suggests it's a different (System PIN) to the Call Control PIN. The default System PIN is definitely 0000 & the manual suggests you won't need to enter it unless it's been changed. But be aware it may clear all contacts.

8500.jpg

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

I have the BT4600 which is slightly different, I assumed the BT8500 was the same. But call control menu is not PIN protected.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You wonderful Sage you!

I've reset the base and the DND has gone from all handsets.

Thrilled.  Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Laughing.JPEG

0 Ratings