cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Can not log into Hub

I an unable to log into the Hub via 192.168.1.254. It is very slow to build the page and does not fully load. I was able to login once but it just stalled on load. I have restarted the router several times now. I have also tried different browsers and still not working. My wifi seems to be at full speed it is at 145Mps for download and 30.7 for upload. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can not log into Hub

Can you not just connect an ethernet cable to the hub and access hub manager.  You do not need and internet connection to access hub manager but easier with ethernet than wifi

If you are getting message that hub not secure just ignore that and connect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

I just have an ipad and iphone. No laptop or desktop with ethernet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I believe the solution is to get a USB-C to Ethernet converter and that should take care of the problem. I’ll report back if successful!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Have you tried factory resetting the hub rather than just restarting? Press the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I have too many IOT devices connected to attempt that at this point. Bulbs, switches, smart speakers in every room. Everything would have to be reconnected if I reset. I’ve done it for Wi-Fi hub upgrades and it’s a chore.  I will try the Ethernet to USB-C contractor first. Found one on Amazon for £11 with 3 USB + Ethernet. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Unless you have changed default password and/or SSID, a factory reset won't have any different effect to your devices than a restart but will almost certainly overcome your problem which in itself may be caused by memory leak with the number of devices you have connected. Even then, surely it is a simple matter of changing the configuration back.

Obviously your choice.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have had this on occasion over the years with various BT hubs. I clear browser history and cookies and often sorts it. Access via ethernet or wifi. At least for me. Though not had it happen for a while.

Worth backing up your settings if you get back in and easy restore after the pin reset.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Just thought this may be of use to you.Since connecting my hub 2 a few wks ago,I've not been able to access the Hub Manager via 192.168.1.254 either (using wifi or Ethernet).

So I bookmarked (on my Chromebook) http://bthomehub.home/ which does give me the access req.

0 Ratings