cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Discharging the batteries of the Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in

Go to solution

The "Advanced Digital Home Phone User guide" says that:

Running the batteries right down at least once a week will help them last as long as possible.

So I'm trying to do that but the phone is beeping loudly every 20 or so seconds, to remind me that the batteries are running down.

Is there some way to turn off this beep?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Discharging the batteries of the Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in

Go to solution

@Misha1 

I would not bother doing that, as the batteries in those types of phones last a long time, and are cheap to replace.

Message 3 of 6

Re: Discharging the batteries of the Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in

Go to solution

I can't speak for the DV phones but the charging control in my 8500s is very poor. So if batteries aren't discharged they will indeed die quite quickly. While they are now relatively cheap I see no reason not to take reasonable steps to prolong their life. But complete discharge shouldn't be necessary, so just discharge until they beep & then recharge.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I wouldn't worry about it, they're only standard AAA size 800mAh batteries and although it isn't immediately obvious they are not difficult to change, I just ran an old guitar plectrum around the joint between the front and back and it came straight off.

If you still want to discharge them then you could remove them from the phone and discharge them using another appliance, maybe a torch or some such device

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Is awarding a kudo the same as awarding a rating? I see a button for the latter but not for the former.
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

To the best of my knowledge, ratings are automatic and determined by, among other things, kudos' 

0 Ratings