cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

EE Hyber connect

What it is , I’ve got a EE hybrid connector which I got from BT and I’m not sure how it works , I plugged it into my smart hub 2 but I’m having problems with the smart hub 2 as it keeps losing connection but I also don’t have a password for my EE hybrid thing to be able too connect to it , any help will be much appreciated 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: EE Hyber connect

Hi @bethhsmith22 

Have you worked through the instructions here?

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/getting-set-up/tips-for-using-hybrid-connect 

Or followed the process here:

https://youtu.be/YUVubo63uOU 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Yeah I’ve done all that , but do you need a password? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Nope.

You pair the hybrid connect with the smart hub using the cable supplied and following the instructions supplied.

Once paired, you disconnect the connect device and move it to somewhere it gets a good signal.

Then you do, nothing. The hybrid connect only kicks in if your smart hub loses its broadband connection. It is a 4G back up.

You can’t use it separately and you can’t log into it, it is a redundancy device.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Okay but say for instance my PlayStation is connected to the smart hub , when I lose connection on the smart hub how does it connect to the EE hyber? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

It doesn’t.

Everything stays connected to the smart hub.

The hybrid connect provides the 4G connection to the smart hub, everything runs through that to keep stuff simple.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

At the moment by smart hub 2 keeps going off and on , I’ve got my EE Hybrid plugged in but it’s got a solid blue light but the signal bars are also solid blue but when my smart hub goes off the EE box still stays solid blue I’m really confused 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

If your smart hub loses its broadband connection the hybrid connect kicks in after around 2 minutes.

Blue lights on the hybrid connect is good, it means it is connected to the smart hub and 4G network.

The smart hub will often go green or purple when having problems. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

The idea is that it's all perfectly transparent.  Once set up you don't need to do anything, it'll kick in when it needs to.  When it comes to playing online games you'll notice if/when it does kick in, but that's just how it is!

*2 minutes downtime - I thought the system I had here that kicks in after 15 seconds was a pain!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

but when my smart hub goes off which is connected to my PlayStation , I lose connected from that even though the EE thing is plugged in but when I want to connect to the EE box it’s asking for a password which I don’t have 

0 Ratings