cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

EE Smart Discs on BT Smart Hub 2

Hi!

I have just switched to BT Full Fibre from EE. When switching I checked if my EE smart discs would still work and they said they would.

However when pairing them to the new black BT Smart Hub 2 using a cable it goes through the process then flashes blue a few times and then turns red.

I've tried factory resetting them and get same problem. I've done some googling on this and getting mixed messages!

Would appreciate if any one can confirm either way if they should/can work? If not it's time for a call with EE!

In the meantime I've just reconnected the old EE smart hub (the white one) with the BT login details which is working ok but I don't have my digital phone line.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: EE Smart Discs on BT Smart Hub 2

A quick update... I couldn't get the discs to connect so as a work around I'm using the EE Smart Hub as a switch/bridge. I've turned off the DHCP server on the EE hub and just hard wired it to the BT hub. This is working fine so hopefully this will work for others.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I wouldn't be surprised if a BT sales agent said that your EE discs would work with the BT SH2 but the reality is that BT tech support won't be able to support you with non BT devices. 

If by Digital Phone line you mean Digital Voice then only the BT SH2 will allow you to use that. Dv is BT's own service. it works only with BT's SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks - I had a quick look (with low expectations!) for any phone settings on the EE hub and as expected there weren't any (it doesn't have the green phone connection on the rear either)

Actually the current set up has the advantage of meaning I can keep my mesh wifi in future when changing suppliers.

The only drawback is the green light flashes on the EE hub since it's trying to connect to the broadband - soon fixed this with white paper and sellotape!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @worthy I'm trying to do the same! 

How do you access the DHCP on the EE router? I have clicked around and can't access it anywhere. 

0 Ratings