cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Flashing red circle on Hybrid Connect, but still working

Go to solution

My home broadband (Halo3+ 150Mb GFast) has fallen back to use the Hybrid connect due to  local cabinet fault. It's working, albeit slowly, but the circle LED is flashing red. According to the guide this means the Hybrid Connect cannot connect, but it is working adequately with two white bars.

The hybrid connect is upstairs to get a good signal and is cabled, via a Gb switch to the SH2 downstairs. It was working fine with solid blue circles, but some time last night they changed to red flashing, but I'm still getting reasonable throughput. Are there any other meanings for red flashing circles.

I'm reluctant to reboot the Hybrid Connect as it is working and my main broadband isn't (and not scheduled to be fixed for a couple of days).

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flashing red circle on Hybrid Connect, but still working

Go to solution

Hi @Leasty welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. There's no need to worry, the flashing red circle means that you're Hybrid connect isn't able to connect to the SH2.  As long as the signal bars are solid white then you're still connected to the mobile network.

I hope the cabinet gets repaired soon.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO , but I'm confused as to how that ties up with what I am getting.

The EE modem is providing my internet data and showing two white bars but flashing red "EE" circles.

My SH2 is showing solid purple but serving all my devices (DHCP working etc). It reports the HC modem as in "Resilience" mode and that the HC is "Connected".

If the HC modem isn't able to connect to the SH2, how is it providing the data to the rest of my network?

Leasty_1-1650879292635.pngLeasty_2-1650879505329.png

The cabinet issue is a very long saga, ongoing since January (DSLAM power problem)!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Leasty If its working as expected I unfortunately can't offer you an explanation as to why there's a flashing red circle on the Hybrid connect equipment. The only time that should happen is when its lost the connection to your Hub. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I believe the red flashing circle means it cannot connect via Wi-Fi to the smart hub not that it cannot connect at all which is why yours is working via the network cable

0 Ratings