cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Home Hub 6 user guide

Hi,

I'm trying to find a user guide / manual for my Home Hub 6. On the BT website there are many manuals including ones for Home Hubs 1.0, 1.5, 2.0,3, 4 & 5 but nothing for HH6! Just wondering if it's been renamed something else? All the HHs look the same to me so can't tell which of the many available manuals might suffice.

I have FTTC if that helps.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home Hub 6 user guide

Not sure why you need a manual, there's very little you can do with it and what there is a self explanatory.

Is there anything in particular you need advice with?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

As Donald Rumsfeld might have said, "I don't know what I don't know."

I'm thinking of buying a mesh wifi system so wondering what might be possible with the existing HH6. From what I can see thus far at the very least I'll need to switch off the wifi on the HH^ to make it solely a modem. No idea how to do that just looking at the back of the HH so thought a manual would include that.

I still think it's strange to list all those other manuals but not one for HH6.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Possibly because there's no such thing as a Home Hub 6. The device is a Smart Hub & the documentation for that is listed on the same page as all the others.

Message 5 of 8

Turning off wifi does not turn a device into a modem. No home hubs have a modem mode.

Turning off wifi is achieved in the advanced settings wireless section of the hub manager. There are no physical switches.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Well that's what BT told me they'd sent to me approximately three years ago to replace the HH4 when I upgraded to FTTC and it definitely has the word "Hub6" on the back. If it's not a HH6, what is it?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

That contradicts what I've read on several difference mesh systems. Each says that the wifi needs to be switched off on the router and the first node of the mesh system connected to the router via an ethernet cable. If turning off the wifi on a router doesn't make it a modem, what is it?

No wonder this is confusing.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The reason for turning off the WiFi is because it won't form part of the mesh. You can leave it on with its own SSID if you like and have 2 wireless networks.

Turning WiFi off just turns it into modem/router without WiFi.

0 Ratings