cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How do I factory reset my BT8500 Base station when none of my phones are registered to it and the pi

How do I factory reset my BT8500 Base station when none of my phones are registered to it and the pin in not known?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do I factory reset my BT8500 Base station when none of my phones are registered to it and th

@Johnsoap 

The helpdesk should be able to advise. There may be a reset button on the base unit.

Product helpdesk information

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: How do I factory reset my BT8500 Base station when none of my phones are registered to it and th

@Johnsoap  Have you considered consulting the manual?

Page 56

Reset the handset or base settings
2. Press to highlight Reset, press Select.
3. H/set settings is highlighted. Press Select or press to highlight Base
settings and then press Select.
4. Reset <handset or base> settings back to default? is displayed, select Yes.
5. Resetting <handset or base> settings... is displayed while the reset takes place.
Once finished, <handset or base> settings reset back to default is displayed.
Clear the

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Please note everyone - I have read the manual! the manual tells me to use a handset to reset either a phone or the base  station!  None of my phones are registered to the base station so i dont have a phone capable of talking to the bases - I cant register any phone to the base because the system pin is not known!

So, how do I reset the base back to the factory defaults!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Fatal flaw. You can't without a hand set unless the phone numbers supplied in message 2 can offer some help.

0 Ratings