cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hybrid Connect Issues

Go to solution

Hi

Sorry if I have posted to the wrong forum, this is my first post and I am new here.

I have a BT Hybrid connect that only worked for 1 day since I got it.

When I turn it on, it flashes green for a minute or so, then goes white and shows me 1 bar of signal and will stay like that for days until I switch it off.  I have tried factory resetting it and have done all the usual stuff like restarting my router but it still does not want to work.  Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with it (except throw it in the bin!)

Thanks in advance.

Martin.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hybrid Connect Issues

Go to solution

Hi @tattoopup welcome to the community and thanks for posting, have you tried moving your Hybrid connect hub to another location to improve the signal? Check out these Hybrid Connect set-up tips for further advice on the steps to follow.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Thanks for replying - Yes....but, strangely enough when I read your reply I was fiddling around with the connect hub at the time.

I turned it off changed the network cable and LAN port on the BT router whilst it was off, turned it on whilst having a paperclip in the 'factory reset' hole and would you know, it flashed green for about 30 seconds, the blue signal bar has come on (just 1 though) and the 'EE' light in the middle of the connect hub has gone from white to blue and it's been like that for about 10 minutes now.  This is the longest the thing has actually worked.

Not sure if it was a dodgy lan cable or dodgy port on my router, either way I am not complaining it seems to be working 😁

Martin.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @tattoopup That's great, I'm glad you got it working. It sounds like it needed a firmware update if the EE light was white and factory resetting has prompted that to happen.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings