cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Introducing BT Whole Home Wi-Fi 6

Introducing BT Whole Home Wi-Fi 6, our most powerful solution in the Whole Home Wi-Fi range - Delivering the technology you need to meet the demands of today's smart homes.

• Works with any broadband service provider
  • Supports Wi-Fi 6 for connected devices
  • Up to 4x more devices
  • 40% faster
  • Enhanced security
  • Available in 3-disc pack and single addon disc
  • Connect up to 8 discs in a single network

What is wi-fi 6?

Wi-fi 6 is the next generation of wi-fi. It connects you to the internet, in the most efficient way speeding up connections across all of your devices. Wi-fi 6 works with wi-fi 6 enabled devices which includes latest phones, tablets and computers, as well as other household devices.

Working from home - The ability to upload and download at the same time means faster speeds and less buffering or congestion, especially in busier homes

Streaming - Catching up on your shows? Gaming and live TV services benefit as overall speed improves and latency reduces across the network.

Gaming - For PC gamers, wi-fi 6 means much faster downloads of Steam games. Initial connections with friends and opponents online will also improve

What are the advantages of wi-fi 6?

Faster speeds - Wi-fi 6 is much faster and more reliable than the wi-fi 5, offering speeds of up to 1200Mbps for device connections. That's 40% more than wi-fi 5.

Multi device handling - Wi-fi 6 increases the simultaneous device handling capability by up to 4x more than wi-fi 5

Improved coverage - Wi-fi 6 offers increased bandwidth. This means that ultrafast speeds are pushed even further as uploading doesn’t slow traffic or clog capacity.

Improved network efficiency - Wi-fi 6 allows for simultaneous uplink and downlink, which allows discs to transmit to multiple devices at the same time.

Enhanced security - Wi-fi 6 has WPA3 technology built in. Enhanced encryption means your data is better protected.

Improved battery life - Wi-fi 6 in the discs will work together with wi-fi 6 enabled devices to connect only when they need to, which saves on battery life.

For more information please visit the BT Whole Home 6 section of the BT shop here - BT's Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 | BT Shop

You can also find user guides, full product specifications and FAQs on the help pages here: https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/bt-whole-home-wi-fi/bt-whole-home-wi-fi-6

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Introducing BT Whole Home Wi-Fi 6

I’m very pleased to see these! Is a Wi-fi 6 smart hub far behind?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

I note that these are black, so maybe the plan is to make these compatible with the new hub rather than have Whole Home and Complete Wifi as seperate hardware...as today?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

I suspect that as the form factor looks the same as the Whole Home Premium model, it's to distinguish between the two.

Message 5 of 13

Hi,

Have these been tested on Virgin?  I have a Superhub 4 and 1gig connection.  I had the Premium discs and had to send them back to Amazon as they wouldn't stay connected for more than a few hours.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi @UberJase 

Last year there was an interop issue identified between Premium WHW and Virgin Hub - but this was addressed via a Virgin Hub firmware update.

When did you experience the issue that caused you to return the discs? Based on your description it sounds like this was the issue you had previously.

Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 discs can be used with all broadband service providers (as with the rest of the Whole Home Wi-Fi range).

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Yes, this was last year with a Superhub 3 before I upgraded to 1gig fibre and a Superhub 4.  I kept the premium discs for over 3 months trying to get them stable to no avail.  I'm wary of trying these new discs after my experience with the last discs and these are more expensive too.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Gaming - For PS5 gamers, wi-fi 6 means much faster downloads of Steam games. Initial connections with friends and opponents online will also improve

- I don't believe the PS5 downloads Steam games.

These disks look amazing though, been wanting Wifi 6 Mesh network for a while

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@Kendjin wrote:

Gaming - For PS5 gamers, wi-fi 6 means much faster downloads of Steam games. Initial connections with friends and opponents online will also improve

- I don't believe the PS5 downloads Steam games.

These disks look amazing though, been wanting Wifi 6 Mesh network for a while

You're absolutely right @Kendjin 

Well spotted!  I have changed the post as it was meant to say PC gamers 😊

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Setting up BT Whole Home Wi-Fi 6

ok I have an existing Wholehome system . Just purchased 5 disks for the NEW Wholehome Wifi 6

On the iphone wholehome wifi app it wont let me set up a new system. 

I turned off my old system and opened the app and it goes through a troubleshooting procedure to get my old system working

I dont want to remove my old system as I may want to revert back to it if the new WiFi6 isnt what i expected 

What do i do

0 Ratings