cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 154

Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

Hi all . Home hub got updated to latest firmware on 6th April and since then had a few issues first noticed Disney plus was buffering on firestick . Then tried netlfix and iPlayer which are hardwired Ethernet to hub and both were buffering or could not connect . Restarted hub a few times and then finally did hard reset . Speeds back to 50mb but everything seems a bit laggy . Also the bt app will no longer give me a wifi speed I tried last night and it was down to 2mb or less on some tests using standard speed test app . Any known issues with latest firmware ?

153 REPLIES 153
Message 2 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

You've probably done all the right things but overlooked one thing that can cause all kinds of problems, by resetting your hub you have also re-enabled Dumb.. er sorry - that should be Smart Setup. I suspect disabling that will solve your problems, see What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help for help to do so

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 154

v0.33.00.12274-BT

Smart Setup has vanished here. New colour scheme too.

Message 4 of 154

That sounds like a big jump in such a short time, mines still running v31 and it was only updated in February.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 154

Yeah I’ve got a grey colour scheme now and on that version of the firmware . Also smart setup has gone. 

Message 6 of 154

With Smart Setup going? there is no case, as yet, for celebration.

It could mean that we have no choice.

Anyone know how to find out?

David

Message 7 of 154

Just speculating here.

Maybe you can test it by either connecting a device which has never been connected before or maybe it will work if you tell a current device to forget the network and then factory reset the hub and reconnect????????????

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 154

My internet is now unusable since this update . I can only have one device on at any time . Not happy 

Message 9 of 154

Usually after a firmware upgrade, a factory reset of the home hub is best, to ensure that the latest default configuration file is installed.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 154

Ok my resort to that if this continues 

0 Ratings