cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

A boring, unfinished looking and yet intentional UI. How much worse can it get?

0 Ratings
Message 132 of 154

Hi folks,

I have also been monitoring my sh2 stats and my uptime as been over 11 days when I checked this morning.

This has been the longest its been stable for a while now since I had regular disconnections.

My question is, how long before g.inp kicks in and starts to increase my downstream speeds?

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 154

Just want to add my voice to the throngs having issues with this new firmware.

Since it updated, I've had issues with my pihole on Raspberry Pi. I previously had it set up so that the Pi was the DHCP - with DHCP turned off in the BT Router - and had no issues at all.

Now, all seems well for a couple hours until the whole thing comes crashing down. Only solution I've found is to turn off the Pi and let the router do DHCP again.

0 Ratings
Message 134 of 154

I think we can all agree v34 is needed.  Sooner rather than later... 

0 Ratings
Message 135 of 154

@torkus 

have you checked to make sure you are on a Huawei cab which is needed for G.INP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 136 of 154

@imjolly 

yes I am on a Huawei cab. I have been G.INP enabled previously but wasn't sure how long it takes for the systems to reactivate it?

0 Ratings
Message 137 of 154

from other posts about 10/14 days stable seems to be the period

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 138 of 154

At the risk of casting the commentators curse on myself, it's now 10 days since my hub was updated, in which time Wi-Fi has gone from tolerable to a complete joke but other than that no major issues yet. I'm aware some would almost certainly consider Wi-Fi a major problem but I've retained enough old kit to circumvent that so I'm not really fussed.

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 154

I turned my Hub 2 back on 4 days ago after a holiday. 

I just noticed the new interface, and the Hub 2 updated the firmware after power up. We have 35 devices connected to the Hub (12 via a Netgear switch and 2 directly via ethernet), the rest via WIFI discs. The Hub has been up constantly, downloaded data is showing at 204 GB. It's on the full fibre 900 plan.

It's been flawless to date. Seems from the comments that the Hub 2 WIFI is the primary problem. Mine is turned off.

I don't know if that helps with any troubleshooting?

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 154

Sheepish update:

Hi all, sorry to say I have not had proper chance yet to sort out all evidence footage and logs but I am trying to pick it up tonight and tomorrow and collate it all for upload here.

I have just had chance to get an Asus Tinkerboard (first edition) running with the latest and last TinkerOS gnu/linux install image.

Curiously this Tinker Board using Wi-Fi, on 2.4GHz, does not exhibit the problems which I have been able to see in tests on https://www.fast.com

Just to be 100% clear, I am seeing issues and evidence of this failed download on all other Wi-Fi devices yet the Tinker Board does not exhibit the issue.

Once the Tinker Board was giving perfect tests on Wi-Fi I grabbed Samsung Galaxy S8, and S10+ and iPhone 4s and did my usual test and I can still see the issue with download stuck on 10's - 100's of Kbps and this is Wi-Fi both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

I am still on the v0.33 firmware also and can see all wired tests working perfectly just as before.

In summary, I still have the issue on both bands, multiple devices, yet have 1 Wi-Fi device (Asus Tinker Board) that is working correctly when checked using fast.com tests.

Next post will be all relevant data logs footage etc.

Sorry for the delay from me getting it all together and posted.

0 Ratings