cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

I just knew I shouldn't have posted message 138 yesterday, it was tempting fate and I got my dues.

Examining the event log to try and identify the problem this entry keeps cropping up, apparently randomly (there may be one hour between events or two or even three) ,  time and again. Can anyone explain it please.

29 Apr. Self roaming might be occurring... Deauth original one...
0 Ratings
Message 142 of 154

@mainbatau 

Smart setup is still there in the background but it seems as if it is now disabled by default. Read through this thread and you'll see what I mean

0 Ratings
Message 143 of 154

Update: My router was rebooted today (Friday approx 10am) and reverted back to v0.31 firmware (by Hub team I think?) as part of testing...

I have quickly tested it using fast.com tests and still having the wifi download failure issues but on this firmware it is more often eg 19 out of 20 times failing to download on the test.

More testing to follow and full info/logs/video etc

wellen

Message 144 of 154

@wellen  interesting, how is throughput on ethernet

0 Ratings
Message 145 of 154

• @samtheaspie
    Throughput on wired is still perfect as always on all devices and on checking with fast.com tests.

@all
    Can everyone who follows this try on Wi-Fi the website fast.com 10-20 tests, back to back and watch the download speed to see if it gets stuck on approx 10-900Kbps and on Settings button for test you can tick first 2 check boxes to see realtime download total amounts and when it goes wrong on download, you will see 0.00MB
    For me, fast.com test always shows upload working correctly without issue and is my correct upload speed 30Mbps
0 Ratings
Message 146 of 154

@wellen I am getting consistent 55 to 58 meg on fast.com via wifi on my laptop... 

Message 147 of 154

@samtheaspie Interesting - what make and model is your laptop and is that 2.4GHz or 5GHz as the issue happens on both wifi bands.

I also do have 1 device that works on fast.com wifi tests - my asus tinker board on 2.4GHz.

All other wifi devices: 4 phones (3 android, 1 apple), 2 netbooks, a decent newish asus usb ac68 wifi adaptor... all show download fails on fast.com and at my neighbours downstairs as well (she has Smart Hub 2 on v0.33 firmware and hers worked great before her v0.33 update).

I will crack on in 1 hour with logs etc when back at my flat.

wellen

0 Ratings
Message 148 of 154

fast.com gave wildly varying results for me. No idea where 90Mbps comes from on a line that will not support that although I once had 200+ Mbps (apparently) when there was a fault on the line (one of the wires in the twisted pair to the pole was open circuit). 

However... the hub syncs at 56Mbps

Speed 1.jpgSpeed 2.jpgSpeed 3.jpgSpeed 4.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 149 of 154

After 3-4 weeks of good performance the issue came back tonight. V slow download speeds on Wi-Fi. Rebooted router still the same,. Had to go through fault diagnostics will see if it improves 

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade SMARTHUB 2

I had already disabled Smart Setup on mine prior to this 12274 firmware update, but even substituting the IP you quoted for my Smart Hub 2 custom IP, it shows an illegal file name and nothing.

I would of expected it to work just be changing the IP (which is what I use to access the Smart Hub management settings, but apparently no.

Update:  Scrub that - on the tenth attempt at changing the suffix I managed to get it - but only after first browsing some of the advanced settings pages would the smart setup page load.  Anyway mine has remained OFF, thankfully.