cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Line Cord Error, please check with Premium Phone Trio

Go to solution

I recently noticed that our Premium Phones all have the "Line cord error, please check" message and no dial tone. I don't know how long this has been for, since we don't use the landline all that much. I've seen some old posts regarding this and have tried the unplugging for a short while, resetting and re-registering that have been offered as possible solutions, but nothing has helped. I do not have another phone to check the line with,  but the BT service checker says there's no problems in my area. 

Can anyone suggest anything else please? 

Many thanks 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Line Cord Error, please check with Premium Phone Trio

Go to solution

Assuming your current phone is plugged into the master NTE phone wall socket?

Have you changed your broadband and phone package? Have you been moved onto Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @jac_95 

Thanks for a prompt response.

Nothing has changed. The phone is plugged into the master socket as it always has, and we have not changed our package. And I would hope that we haven't been changed to Digital Voice without our knowledge 😲

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Obviously trying another phone would be first priority. Can you not borrow one from a friend/neighbour? If not you could probably pick one up for peanuts from the likes of Facebook Marketplace.

Assuming that you've already checked the cable at both ends, try removing the faceplate from the master socket & plugging into the test socket.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

If there was a fault on your line, it would normally affect your broadband speed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Broadband is fine thanks @Keith_Beddoe But they are connected to different sockets in the master socket. We'd have noticed the issue when it happened if broadband had been affected 😁
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

That tends to indicate an issue in the exchange, but you do need to try the test socket, as its possible that the master socket is faulty.

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe
I will try the test socket, also getting a cheap corded phone to test with (as another suggestion given).
Socket type is 7
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

That socket is the most recent, but it does have some reported issues.

As mentioned https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M6775

The filtered faceplate may have a fault within the phone filtering circuitry. Using the test socket, or connecting things up as shown below, would prove it.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe  thank you for your help. I have obtained a corded phone and tried the test socket - still nothing 😟

I've reported it via the BT troubleshooter, so we'll see what happens 🤞

0 Ratings