cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

New Whole Home add-on Wi-Fi discs factory reset but boot to solid red

Go to solution

Hi,

I have owned 4 Whole Home WiFi discs (3 in the house and 1 in the garage) for a while and they have worked very well for me. However there is 1 bedroom that still has a poor signal and I therefore decided to see if I could add a further disc to my mesh network.

I purchased a fully functioning disc off a well known online marketplace and it was sold as an addon disc to the sellers mesh network.

My problem though is that after a factory reset the disc does not boot to a solid blue but rather to a solid red. Oddly, I can login to the disc (using the BT SSID that the disc broadcasts) but no amount of pressing the reset button or restarting it gets this to boot to blue. I checked the firmware and it is up-to-date.

I also called the BT support team and they asked me to plug the new disc into one of the other functioning discs on the ethernet ports. I have done this without any success so they have essentailly told me the disc is faulty... but I am not sure that is the case (well the software seems to be the fault not the hardware).

And all the discs (old and new) are identical (including the first 6 digits of the serial number) ... so they are not different models...

Any ideas? I expect that it may just need its flash memory cleared so the device goes back to a true factory state? But I don't know how to do this...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Whole Home add-on Wi-Fi discs factory reset but boot to solid red

Go to solution

Hi, so I have found out the solution... (for anyone with a similar problem)

Basically, although I had rebooted the disc and connected it to a switch that serves my home with all the directly wired ethernet, and I had plugged the new disc into one of the discs that is part of the mesh (obviously not the one that needs to be connected to the router; which by the way is connected directly into the switch I mentioned and not directly into the router)... neither of these approaches worked.

However, on reading further I thought I would try to connect the disc directly into the router and on rebooting the disc it suddenly went to a solid blue light after the boot sequence and connected. I then simply had to configure it in the app.

Also, note for those watching the lights for the boot sequence, mine went from solid purple to flashing blue to briefly red then solid blue over about 2 minutes.

Message 3 of 3

Re: New Whole Home add-on Wi-Fi discs factory reset but boot to solid red

Go to solution

Hi @Pseudomax,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

This with be really useful for anyone else who is facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings