cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 55

Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20822A now live

SGAB20822A and SGAC20822A have been made available as of 23rd September 2021.

Changes since SGAC208224:

• Fixed occasional primary disc random reboots
  • System stability improvements
  • Solved an issue causing firmware updates to fail after 7 days uptime

Important Upgrade Advice for Premium Whole Home Wifi Customers:-

For those on an older version than 8224 you will not be able to upgrade directly to 822A, therefore you will need to first update your discs to SGAB208224 before having access to any further updates, including this release.

General upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection.  If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to change its layout or network configuration

If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle.  If you still need help afterwards, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the Helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
54 REPLIES 54
Message 2 of 55

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20822A now live

Happy to report updated without a hitch.

Primary disc is still not the Uplink Disc (Still not fixed, unclear if this has been addressed or not).

Last beta firmware seemed very stable for me, no issues other than the issue above.

No firmware updates for 14 months now you guys can't help yourselves 🙂  

Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 55

I am still having problems with the master disc rebooting.

Loaded this firmware ok.  Up time stayed on for just over a day.  Checked this morning and it rebooted at 5am.

Same happened on the EA v 228.  Stayed up for 4 days, then rebooted after that it was rebooting 2 to 3 times a day.

I tried a backup and firmware reset on 228 and did a full power reset on this version as suggested in the post.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 55

Have you scanned to see if your overlapping?

Is your routers wireless off & have you checked around you that your not on the same channel as other routers near you, this can cause issues. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 55

Yeah router WiFi is off.

5ghz network scanner shows the 3 discs using the same band but nothing else nearby.

2.4ghz again 3 discs on same band with one other WiFi half sharing the same band.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 55

On 2.4 band are there any free channels 1, 6 or 11 just depends how close to other networks are to you. 

Are your wireless settings manually configured or auto?

Maybe disable 2.4 band for a period to rule this out if you have no free channels. 

Maybe i am barking up the wrong street but always worth checking at least to rule it out.

Are you using ipv6? 

Again clutching at straws but I have my ipv6 disabled in router and the last few fw's have been very stable for me.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 55

Thanks for the response. 

Channel 11 looks free for 2.4 GHz so I can try and manually set that.

I have a VM super hub 4 and DHCP is enabled for IPv4 can't see a setting for IPv6.  Don't think VM support IPv6 ATM.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 55

You can test ipv6 by visiting testmyipv6.com 

Let us know if changing your 2.4 channel has helped. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 55

Here's an odd one, I've noticed a few times that the SSID showing on my laptop taskbar is a Zyxel router default factory SSID but router WiFi is turned off, confirmed by inSSIDer.

When I disconnect and reconnect it returns to my normal SSID.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 55

That my just be some cache problem, i am unsure, but if using w10 go into network & Internet settings and press the tab network reset, (this will clean network cache dns etc and pc will reboot after 5 mins, but you will need to sign back into wireless networks, in other words you'll need to know any wireless keys)

0 Ratings