cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Re: BT8610 call guardian phone issue

Does anyone know why my BT8610 wwould cause thee internet to drop when a call comes in?  It has only recently started to do it. I havee changed all of the batteries. Cheers Lallyrs

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

@Lallyrs 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

External line fault.

Are you a BT Retail Customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Yes I am
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

BT8610 Causing Broadband to Drop

Does anyone know why my BT8610 would cause thee internet to drop when a call comes in?  It has only recently started to do it. I havee changed all of the batteries. Cheers Lallyrs
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Its usually caused by a line fault, but you need to check your own internal wirin first.

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

Message 6 of 11

Re: BT8610 Causing Broadband to Drop

Hi @Lallyrs and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I've moved all your posts so we have everything on the same thread. If you can give the details as mentioned by @Keith_Beddoe I'm sure we can help.

Cheers

David

Message 7 of 11

Hi, its number 7 the BT Openreach MK4.

I have tried a standard corded phone that doesnt cause a problem.  Its just when a call come in via the BT8610. Perfect when there are no calls.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Those master sockets can cause issues. I assume you do not have any extension sockets.

Please can you try connecting things up as shown below, you will need a microfilter. Leave it connected as shown and see if you still get disconnected when you get an incoming call.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi Keith, I do have an extension.  That is where the BT8610 is connected. The main sockect has the hub and a wired phone connected.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I wonder if the extension is connected to the correct place, so its filtered?

If its not, then it will cause disconnections.

The way to prove this is to unclip the bottom section, and see if you can see the wires to the extension, connected to the extension terminals behind. This is located to the left of the test socket.

Capture.JPG

If its not connected there, then your extension is incorrectly wired, and not filtered, and will cause the broadband to disconnect.

If it is correctly connected, then the extension will not work with the bottom section removed, and you will not get dial tone on the BT8610.

There is a full guide here https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

0 Ratings