cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Return BT equipment when the contract is ended

Go to solution

Greetings,

My BT contract will be ended in July, so I need to return the equipment. As advised, I can order a returns bag by logging into My BT and selecting 'Return equipment'. However, I can't find the option at all after browsing the website for nearly an hour.  Could anyone send me the link please? Or the option will automatically add to my BT account after the contract is ended and all I have to do is wait? 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Return BT equipment when the contract is ended

Go to solution

If/when you leave, a returns bag is sent automatically for any equipment needing returned, it's advisable to keep the postage receipt as it contains tracking references for proof of return, there is no cost for returning the equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Cheers @-Richie- 

So I don't need to order the returns bag by myself and BT will send to me automatically? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

In theory!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @puiho8 and welcome to our community.

You should automatically be sent a returns kit but if there are any problems I can help. I'll drop you over a private message now if you need to get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@puiho8 

Just a piece of advice that if you have BT TV and a Youview box then provided that box was supplied prior to 13/12/2019 then it's yours to keep & carry on using.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Also bear in mind that they won’t just cancel your service and send you a returns bag when the contract ends. You have to actually tell them that you are leaving or transfer the service to another provider.

0 Ratings