cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

SMART HUB 2 DC POWER CABLE EXTENSION

Hello, 

I'm m trying to move my router. Limited sockets means to do this I need to extend the power cable, standard DC cables do not fit, seems its a 6.3/3.0mm port, I'm failing miserably after 5 cable attempts and have also tried DC adaptors, which also do not seem to work with the original cable. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? it seems the original cable is niche and doesn't like anyone messing with it.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: SMART HUB 2 DC POWER CABLE EXTENSION

is there any reason you cannot just use a power extension cable and then plug existing hub plug into that?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

I was hoping to be able to feed the small cable and tac round and under furniture/fixtures, also needs to go round a door frame, so not as discreet, and would need a super long one to get to the opposite side of the room, ethernet is easy. If there's no other option I may need to resort to this, it's an old house. Very sparse outlets. But I was hoping there may be a less visible  option. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Get an electrician in to fit a new socket near the hub and run the cable in plastic conduit, you'll hardly notice it if he does a good job.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Never thought of that, thank you 

Message 6 of 7

If you re looking for a dc extension then it might be worth reading this: Smart Hub 2 DC plug - BT Community

Have you thought of using poe with a splitter at the hub end and a suitable adapter cable?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Ooh, excellent, I'll take a look thank you. 

0 Ratings