cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Smart Controls app says my device is rooted - it is NOT.

Hi,

I've been using the Smart Controls app for my smart camera for some time now but today when I tried to open the app I get an error saying 'Rooted Device Detected. Due to security concerns this app can't be used on a rooted device'

As I said in the title, my phone is not rooted and nothing has changed since I used the app yesterday without issues.

Please help.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Smart Controls app says my device is rooted - it is NOT.

I'm also getting the same message. Used the app fine last night and unable to access today. I've even deleted the app and reinstalled it but still getting the same message

Message 3 of 26

My wife's phone is doing the same as of 2 hours ago, she has a stock Samsung S20.

Message 4 of 26

Yep. For the record, mine is also a stock Samsung Galaxy S10.

Seems that this is a problem at BT's end if we are all suddenly suffering the same issue.

Message 5 of 26

now not working on any of my android devices. I've only had the monitor 2 weeks and had numerous issues.

Message 6 of 26

Same message here on Samsung phone and tablet... nothing changed here since it worked last night...

Message 7 of 26

BT baby monitor 6000 has stopped linking to my phone due to it being a 'rooted' device?

My baby monitor has been conected to my phone fine but now I've noticed it's not connected and when I click on the app it closes straight away and won't connect due to it being a 'rooted' device. I don't really know what that means as nothing has changed on my phone.

If anyone can help or advise I'd really appreciate it. 

Many thanks 

Message 8 of 26

Same here for both my partner and my phones (google pixel 4 and 5). Was fine yesterday.

Message 9 of 26

Same here, both our phones are not rooted. No changes since yesterday when last used, now unable to use the app. Both Samsung users 

Message 10 of 26

Same issues as everyone else. Does anyone know if BT read these and reply