cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

SmartHub 2 Event log filling up

For the first time ever I'm using a SmartHub because of Digital Voice.

The event log is rapidly expanding due to one set of actions every 10minutes.

This is the latest extract:-

12:01:07, 11 Mar.CWMP: HDM socket closed successfully.
12:01:06, 11 Mar.CWMP: HTTP authentication success from pbthdm.x.x.x
12:01:06, 11 Mar.CWMP: HDM socket opened successfully.
12:01:06, 11 Mar.CWMP: session completed successfully
12:01:06, 11 Mar.CWMP: HDM socket closed successfully.
12:01:06, 11 Mar.CWMP: HTTP authentication success from pbthdm.x.x.x
12:01:05, 11 Mar.CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.x.x.x; Connecting as user: ACS username
12:01:05, 11 Mar.CWMP: Session start now, server: https://pbthdm.x.x.x, Event code: 2 PERIODIC
12:01:05, 11 Mar.CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 2 PERIODIC

I gather from a search that this is something that these hubs do to check update status or similar from the BT servers but why every 10minutes?

I've seen comments that this is done daily but every 10 minutes is ridiculous and what happens when the event log fills up as there's no easy way to clear it?

I've a very customised setup that is not fully catered for by taking a backup so a factory reset via the pin hole - which clears the event log - then requires me to re-register my DECT phones and make a few other adjustments.

In a day & a half I've got 60 pages of these!

I should perhaps explain that I'm using the SH2 as just a front end with my Asus router doing all the real work.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: SmartHub 2 Event log filling up

First of all the event log just rolls so there is no need to clear it.

Secondly, the hub seems to 'phone home' a lot, I have 13 pages of just CWMP events over the last 24 hours although yours does seem very excessive.

Thirdly, the event log isn't really of much use at it fills with all sorts of pointless entries.

Not really much help, but I think basically just ignore the event log until there is a need to investigate something.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: SmartHub 2 Event log filling up

@licquorice 

I'm used to the Asus log which also has unnecessary entries but  at least I can clear it every few days.

Guess I'll just ignore it until I have a problem.

I have another SH2 that I might setup to see if that does the same , do like playing with this stuff as you probably realise😊