cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Weird Hub 2

I have had issues with alexa devices suddenly not working and I have finally had a good play.

It seems that if I connect to the hub2 via wireless at 2.4 I get told there is no internet connection and connecting to the IP address of the hub is impossible nearly all the time.

When I managed to get in and turn 5gHz on, things seem to work better, I get internet when connected via 5GHz, but then many Alexa devices fail to connect to 2.4 as the 5GHz seems to get in the way.

Is this because of a failing Hub2 or an issue with Alexa stuff.

Is the solution to wait until the Amazon servers etc sort themselves out, or ask BT for a new hub2, or buy a 3rd party router that allows me to split channels so I can decide what can connect to which frequency.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Weird Hub 2

I assume you mean you have a SH2 not a old hub 2.  have you tried a factory reset of the SH2 by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until hub lights flash.  now see if your devices will connect remembering the wifi password will be the one on the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes I reset the hub back to default settings, no change.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

so can you go to wireless in hub manager and turn of 5ghz and also change the 2.4ghz from smart/auto channel to a selected channel then see if you can connect alexa device

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I don't think I have auto channel on, but it may be on now after the reset and I forgot to turn it back off.

I must admit, I dislike the fact that I cannot separate the frequencies, it just seems to make things more difficult when something goes wrong

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As I look after the connection for a bed ridden friend and live elsewhere I really need a system that just works without being touched, and if there is an outage, I need everything just to reconnect 

0 Ratings