cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Whole Home Wifi Premium cannot see devices connected to wifi / ethernet when on other connection

Is Wi-Fi turned off on the sky router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Re: Whole Home Wifi Premium cannot see devices connected to wifi / ethernet when on other connection

The whole home premium discs receive their IP address from the DHCP server on the network - either the SH2 or the Sky router. When the primary disc was connected to the SH2 the IP addresses of both discs were in the range 192.168.1.x. Now they're connected to the SKy router (and factory reset), they've got the IP addresses 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.10.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Which Sky hub do you have

I've got the SR203.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

Disconnect the Wholehome system from your sky router and power it off, ensure that the Sky Wi-Fi is enabled and connect both wired and wireless devices direct to the Sky router, can they now see one another

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

yes, I am 100% confident that this will work, but I have the whole home wifi so that I can extend the range of the wifi throughout my entire house - its an old build with thick brick walls and neither the sky nor SH2 router are able to fill the entire house without the additional range of the whole home!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

That's fair enough but I suggested that as a diagnostic, I'm not suggesting it as a solution.

Give it a go even if only to isolate the fault to either the router or the Wholehome system

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Ah sorry, I see what you mean! Yes, I've tried that - I connected a couple of the wireless devices to the Sky WiFi network and they can access the devices connected to the Ethernet connection just fine.

Odly, I have noticed that a couple of the devices on the other network that do connect. For example, I can connect to the sky router from my mobile phone and my desktop (connected via ethernet) does print to my printer connected via wireless (but there's something odd going on as it's an HP printer and it's very slow, so I wonder whether it's going via the internet somehow, rather than directly).

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

I doubt that the print job is going via the internet but let's get one problem out of the way before tackling another.

As I said earlier, I don't know much about the WholeHome system so you'll have to help me out, my thoughts so far are that the Sky router is OK and the Wholehome system is OK when connected to the BT router. To my mind this suggests that the two are not interfacing correctly and prompts the following questions

1. Does the Wholehome system incorporate it's own in-built DHCP server?
  2. If the answer to 1 above is yes then did you turn off the DHCP server in the BT hub and have you left it enabled on the Sky hub? The last thing you want is two DHCP servers on the one network 
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

1. Does the Wholehome system incorporate it's own in-built DHCP server?

yes, you can turn on a DHCP server in the whole home wifi, but its currently turned off and relying on the router to provide that.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Then try turning it on.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings