cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home discs randomly restarting or dropping internet connection

I had a 2 pack set of Discs from 2017 and 1 of them gave up the ghost this year. 

I tried Tenda and TP-Link devices as replacements but these really did suck.

I decided to go back to BT Whole Home and bought a 3 pack. Installed them and even managed to get my last remaining old disc working with them but not too long and I started getting issues. 

Random Internet drops, random discs going offline and not reconnecting to the network. 

I turned off the old disc to see if this was causing issues. It seemed to stabilise but then the issues returned. I tweaked some settings like turning on compatibility but again the issues continued. 

In the end I reset the whole network and reinstalled it minus the 4th random disc which I threw out. 

This was stable for around 10 days then 1 disc went out which was fine it came back without a hitch but now all the problems are back again. All discs show blue but devices aren't connected and anything that is connected days there is no Internet. 

When I looked at the logs the master disc hasn't logged for hours but then all of a sudden it's restarted itself which is weird. Other times I have to restart it to get the connection back. 

The weird thing us it's random. I'll have been using the internet all day for work and them at around 7pm boom no internet and manual restart or it's restarted itself. 

Does anyone have ideas? I'm totally lost as to what could be causing the issues. 

The master disc is connected to a Virgin Hub 3 with the WiFi disabled. Incase that helps. 

All discs are running firmware v1.02.13 build07

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home discs randomly restarting or dropping internet connection

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CommunityHubForums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Invadertak 

You would be best ask the product helpdesk as they may be able to answer this for you. Call them on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I've sent all this to the email you provided. I'm getting incredibly frustrated wit this discs it's like they have made them worse

0 Ratings