cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Wholehome AC2600 Disc Fail - Constant Purple Light

I have a BT Wholehome setup with 1 main disc and four satellite discs. For some time all discs have worked OK. Recently after a power cycle the main and three satellite discs reconnected, but 1 satellite disc failed to reconnect. On switch on I get a solid purple light for about 45s, it then blinks and remains solid purple indefinitely. If I press the reset button, the light goes off and the same behaviour repeats. I’ve located the faulty disc within 1m of the main disc connected to the router. I also get the same behaviour if I try with the satellite disc directly connected to the router.  The disc is about 2 years old. Is there anything else I can do to get the disc working?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wholehome AC2600 Disc Fail - Constant Purple Light

@BlueAstra 

You would be best to check with the product helpdesk as they may be able to answer this for you. Call them on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Message 3 of 6

Try connecting it with Ethernet BackHaul on your LAN rather than using wireless BH.

This will ensure it has the same settings as your other nodes but give it a good 5 mins to do its checks like fireware etc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

BT have offered to replace the disc under warranty (its 2 years old with a 3 year warranty). I bought it from Amazon and they didn't want to know about it, so I tried BT.

Regarding backhaul, my discs only have one LAN port each. Primary disc with LAN cable to Virgin router, and four satellite discs connected by WiFi. One of the satellite boxes is connected to a Sky box via LAN cable. What topology would I use to connect the boxes?

I have tried connecting the faulty disc directly to the router (while the main disc is also connected to the router), but this has no effect on the behavior described.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

"I have tried connecting the faulty disc directly to the router (while the main disc is also connected to the router)"

If you have tried a factory reset on the bad node and done the above process it sounds like the node is in fact faulty.

Glad you had a result with BT help desk, good to hear.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I have tried with factory reset (pin in hole at back). It made no difference in either WiFi  mode or directly connected.

0 Ratings