cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

lost pin for call control on BT advanced cordless phone.

Go to solution

Hi, I've lost the pin number to open call control on my BT advanced cordless phone, is reset the the only option? and will it remove all my contacts? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: lost pin for call control on BT advanced cordless phone.

Go to solution

Hi @billbillr79 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. The call control pin is the same as the remote access pin and the only way to change it is to enter the current one on the handset. As you've lost it I'm afraid your only option is to do a factory reset which will remove the contacts.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

is there a facility on phone to export contacts to external storage then reset phone then import contact back to phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@imjolly I'm afraid there's no mention of that feature in the user manual.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, I did a Base only reset on my cordless  advanced BT phone and  it didn't remove any contacts.  I was then able to reset the pin to gain access to call control with a new pin number.  I phoned BT help line and I was told  to unplug the hand set and leave for 10 minuets and it would reset, needless to say it didn't do any good.  I phoned again and got through to someone who new what to do.    Bill

0 Ratings