cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

master socket

is it possible for the master socket to break due to a power outage because after a power cut everything went back to normal but my wifi my old wifi box said everything was working but i had no connections with ethernet or wireless so i upgraded to a new wifi and it worked for like 2 hours then it stopped again saying something wrong with the broadband cable, flashes purple for a bit then flashes orange 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: master socket

Your first question - no, the master socket cannot be damaged by a power cut.

Your other issues - your message isn’t entirely clear but if I were you I would proceed as follows:

1. restart your hub. It will take 2 minutes or so to reconnect. If no joy then:

2. factory reset your hub. If no joy then:

3. call BT. I had an issue recently and the support they provided was exemplary.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

which master socket do you have

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpegKeith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Have you checked you line for noise by dialling 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone  if any noise then try using test socket and test again

have you tried using another filter?

Have you tried removing the bottom faceplate and connecting to test socket with a new filter to see if that helps your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings