cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

problem connecting an additional whole home Wi-Fi disc.

Go to solution

I have whole home Wi-Fi with a BT Smart Hub 2. I have a 3 disc pack connected and bought an additional disc.

I set up the new disc according to the instructions on the My BT app and it shows up on the app and is solid blue as long as it’s plugged into the router via an Ethernet cable. However, when I go to the next step, power down the new disc and disconnect it from the router I can’t get it to reconnect.

I power up the disc and wait for the light to change from purple to blue, but it turns red and shows as disconnected on the app.  Even with it a foot from the router, as soon as I disconnect the Ethernet cable he light turns from blue to red.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: problem connecting an additional whole home Wi-Fi disc.

Go to solution

It doesn't connect to the hub, it connects to one of the other discs, you need to move it closer to one of them. It is normal to turn off the wifi on the hub as the Whole home white discs don't mesh with it, its only the black complete wifi discs that mesh with the SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I already have 3 white discs connected, one is connected via Ethernet.  I bought a n extra white disc to add to the set up. I followed the instructions on the app (and also on paper in the box the new disc came with).

The instructions say to connect the additional disc via Ethernet, to the router, which I did, until it shows solid blue for a minute, then switch off, disconnect Ethernet cable and move it to a new position.  

I cant get it to connect to the network wherever I position it, once the Ethernet cable is disconnected.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Solved.  Just needed to do a factory reset on new disc. Next time it started up it went from purple to steady blue, to purple then blue again. From reading other posts on here, I think it needed a push to do a firmware update.

seems to be working perfectly for now.