cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

900mbps full fibre only getting 300mbps

Go to solution

i have 866 link speed on my pc but only download between 250mbps and 300mbps how do i get like 900 mbps download is it the smart hub 2 router or is it a pc adapter problem 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: 900mbps full fibre only getting 300mbps

Go to solution

You need to use Ethernet not Wi-Fi. Paying for FF900 is pointless if you’re only going to use Wi-Fi. You could look at getting an AX router and AX adapter for your PC to improve the speed.

Go to solution

How are you testing the download speed - which site are you using?

How is your PC connected to the SH2, via WiFi or Ethernet, or Powerline adapters etc?

What is the configuration of your PC, does it use a HD or SSD etc? Make/model might help.

If using anything other than Ethernet your download speed is likely to be more limited.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

if i have full fibre 900 and digital voice can i use my old gfast slot for digital voice

Go to solution

can i install digital voice in the old gfast socket instead of in the back of smart hub 2 becuase im getting a 3rd party router instead of smart hub 2 router i have open reach modem and gfast socket just wondering if i can put my phone in old gfast socket will that be fine for digital voice

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
ty got one coming today how do i install it with digital voice basically can i plug digital voice in gfast socket then plug my 3rd party router into modem will that work or does digital voice only work when plugged into back of smart hub 2
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Re: if i have full fibre 900 and digital voice can i use my old gfast slot for digital voice

Go to solution

if you have FTTP then the old master socket will no longer work and you need to connect phone to socket on back of hub and hub needs to be connected  directly to ONT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 12

Re: if i have full fibre 900 and digital voice can i use my old gfast slot for digital voice

Go to solution

so basically i have to set it up as a second router how do i do it if i want my wifi 6 router to have auto qos mino etc 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
i guess i would have to disable literally everything but Lan internet on Smart hub 2 so disable dhcp firewall upnp etc
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

You can try following these instructions on setting up a second router with a SmartHub 2:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Smart-Hub-2-and-Bridge-Mode/m-p/2307011#M203811

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
It's the pc I put a new wifi card in it now getting the correct speed even got a asus wifi 6 router speed all good now ty for help everyone
0 Ratings