cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Already returned kit

BT recently sent me new kit (didn't ask for it and was happy with the old kit) and has sent a white bag with a sticker on it. I unplugged the box from the wall, put it on the white bag, put the sticky label on the bag and took it to the post office. The man took it and I left. This was over a month ago..

Come today, I'm looking at my account and it says I'm going to get charged £50 for not returning my kit. I called up and they're asking for a tracking number, but shouldn't they know this since they sent out the white bag and slip? I can't afford £50 right now especially given I've sent the blumming thing back. Apparently nothing they can do unless I can show them a tracking number.. feels like I'm being stolen from 😞

Any advice folk?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Already returned kit

If you handed it over at the PO , then they should have given you a receipt with the tracking details etc…TBH , chances are on the paperwork you received asking for the old kit to returned it would have had instructions on returning the kit , including getting a receipt , insurance for you that even if the package went missing , you could ‘prove’ you posted it…currently all BT ‘know’ is that they sent out  a returns bag for the return of the kit , they cannot know that it was used if the kit doesn’t turn up , and you don’t have a receipt 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

You're probably right, I should have got a receipt. Given the tracking sticky note came from BT that I attached to the parcel, should that not be something that I can use to track where it is? The tracking number should record that the parcel was handed over?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

You would have been given a receipt from the Post Office as Proof of Postage and tracking in the Royal Mail system. 

You can only track the parcel on the Royal Mail tracking site so any label that BT issued is not a tracking label as regards items that are in the Royal Mail system.

It is taking four weeks to update accounts when a parcel is received by BT but if you have the Proof of Postage receipt you can call BT 0800.800.150 and give them the number and they will mark it as having been received.

0 Ratings