cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Fibre 1 with Halo

Hi,

New to the forum!

I've had faultless speeds from BT for a number of years. However, about a month ago I noticed it was difficult to upload some GoPro footage. This prompted me to do a speed test (Ookla) 

Reported slow internet speeds and so far I have had 1 Cube Engineer and 2 Openreach Engineers who can't find a solution.

This is my current hub status

This is a quick overview of your Hub's status as of today.

Connection status:

Connected

Connection type:

Fibre Broadband (VDSL)

Firmware version:

v0.35.01.06093-BT

Firmware updated:

12-Aug-2022

Serial number:

+091298+2024004270

Downstream sync speed:

75.284 Mbps

Upstream sync speed:

14.164 Mbps

Network uptime:

0 Days, 22 Hours 38 Minutes

System uptime:

0 Days, 22 Hours 40 Minutes

Public Wi-fi status:

Activated

BT have provided a new Smarthub2, Openreach have replaced the master socket and dsl cable, run line tests for which all parameters are within tolerance, performed a flip and switch at the cabinet phoned colleagues in India to check my profile and has now run out of ideas! Unfortunately this has still left me with download speeds somewhere between 1mbps and about 30mpbs (and varies massively from speed test to speed test and by "supplier" and upload of 13mbps. Historically i'd been getting about 70mbps.

The only really weird thing I've noticed is that i have a Netgear Genie program because i run a couple of extenders and periodically this app will decree that the internet is not connected for a split second. The router, both my original Hub 6 and replacement SmartHub 2 both remain on with the blue light not changing.

Does anyone on here have any further suggestions?

Many Thanks in advance for any input!

David

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fibre 1 with Halo

You can see from the stats you have posted that your downstream sync is over 75Mb , if you are getting significantly less than this as throughput, it could be your own kit ,  you should really be testing using a single device directly wired to the router ( and with everything else disconnected) for an accurate test.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

try running  https://fast.com/

see what speeds it gives obviously best with ethernet and nothing else connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. What you've described is what Openreach performed while on site both with a hub 6 and smart hub 2 to his own laptop and unfortunately made no difference. They also performed a factory reset on both hubs.

BT are now sending out a Cube engineer to reset counters with in the hub as this has been known to resolve difficult issues. I'll will come back with an update on Tuesday evening once they have been. I'm not sure I hold out much hope.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Did you try fast.com and if so what  speeds did you get. 

I don't know what counters are going to be reset to improve your speed so will be interested in your next post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi, Fast.com is returning a download speed of 37mbps while Ookla is 2.89 and BTWhoilesale is 27.23mbps!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi @imjolly 

Cube have finally been out today after an aborted mission earlier in the week!

No counters were re-set! Another new master socket and router and a test through Fast.com!

Currently at 57mbps, which is better than a month ago but less than i was getting prior to their arrival on all the kit that has just been replaced.  I fear that now I'm above BT's minimum service although far less then the 72mbps I was getting before all this happened that's probably the end of the line for me.

I've been advised to wait 72hrs for the line to settle as the speed could go up or down!

Why do they only use Fast.com? It's consistently higher than all the other speed test programs?

All rather frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

can you post your hub stats to compare with last stats

go to hub manager/advanced settings/technical log/information

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@imjolly 

Product nameBT Smart Hub 2
Serial number2104144117
Fireware versionv0.31.00.10253-BT (Mon Oct 25 15:24:45 2021)
Board versionR01
GUI version1.74 12_11_2020
DSL uptime0 days 2 Hours 11 Mins 33 Secs
Data rate15.2 Mbps / 76.8 Mbps
Maximum Data rate15.2 Mbps / 77.9 Mbps
Noise margin6.2/3.1
Line attenuation10.6/18.0
Signal attenuation10.6/19.7
VLAN id101
Upstream error controlOff
Downstream error controlOff
Data sent / received918.7 MB Uploaded / 1.3 GB Downloaded
Broadband usernamebthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-FiActive
2.4 GHz wireless network nameBT-ZRAWRK
2.4 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel1)
5 GHz wireless network nameBT-ZRAWRK
5 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel36)
Wireless SecurityWPA2 (Recommanded)
Wireless modeMode 1
FirewallOn
MAC address30:B1:B5:A2:B8:DF
Software variant-
Boot loader

0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Your connection stats look good and with noise margin down at 3.1db suggest you have the boost from G.INP  so. basically as fast as you can get.

There is no guarantee on download speed. All speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speeds.