cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Archer VR2100 on FTTP

Go to solution

I have recently had BT Full Fibre FTTP installed in my property, and would like to continue using my Archer VR2100 which I was using previously on ADSL. I can't seem to figure out the required configuration for an FTTP connection and can't find a straight answer online.

The Home Hub 2 is rubbish and has constant ping issues that make both gaming and VoIP borderline unusable so want to replace it.

Can someone please give me a straight answer on how to configure the Archer VR2100 for use with FTTP.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Archer VR2100 on FTTP

Go to solution

You need to configure it wireless router mode rather than DSL mode and then connect the ONT to the WAN port.

Same PPPoE details as before.

Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

I've tried to do a setup as wireless router but dont know how, do I want to choose BT_VDSL or Other for ISP list?

How do I actually set it up as a wireless router?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Those options are for xDSL operation rather than wireless router mode.

Factory reset the device and set it up again using the wizard, one of the first options is the mode of operation.

Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

I've reset it and gone through the setup, but the option for wireless router mode doesn't appear there. After the setup I've gone to advanced and operation mode, and set it to wireless router mode. After restarting in that mode it won't connect to the internet even though it's plugged directly into the fibre modem in port 4. I don't understand why it's not working ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

It's a long time since I configured a TP Link, but you might have to enable the WAN port

Did you configure the PPPoE details

Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password BT

Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Yes I've set the PPPoE details as that and the WAN port should be enabled by default, still not picking up the internet 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

I'm sure there's something you have to do with the WAN configuration, but I can't remember what it is.

What configuration options are there for the WAN port?

Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

The only options I can find are to select the WAN interface, and I only get 1 option which is pppoe_ptm_101_0_d 

0 Ratings