cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BRAS/IP Profile

Hi there,

I'm new to BT had my SOGEA and Digital Phone line for 1 week now. 

I've noticed my Actual Line Speed has stopped at 39,998kbps during line training with a Max Attainable of 48,xxxkbps. 

My question is, have I been placed by BT (not DLM) on a 40mbps/10mbps profile? I'm on Fibre 2 so it shouldn't be capped but wanted to check?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BRAS/IP Profile

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

please can you post the stats from your router if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your address and post results  remember to delete address   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Check MYBT and see what package it shows you are on

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I'm definitely on Fibre 2 that's for sure. So what could be going on?

Screenshot_20231004_185750_Samsung Internet.jpg

 Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Oh and router stats...

Screenshot_20231004_185731_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Whether you are on fiber 1 or 2 that would not affect your attainable speed and that shows speeds well below expected range from dslchecker

Have you tried connecting the hub direct to the test socket with a filter and then repost your hub stats ago see if any improvement

You can also change the FTTP setting from on to off.  This only affects ethernet port 4

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 11

I know, I've always known the speed I could get but my previous provider never did anything about it as it's above my guaranteed speed. When I first got FTTC (6yrs ago) I was getting 64mbps down and 12mbps up. Between then and now I've had several faults and each time they're "fixed" my max speed has dwindled away. I moved from my previous provider to BT 1 week ago I was getting 42 down with them which is still well below what ai think I should be getting.

Doesn't matter if it's in the test socket or not the speed is still the same. My old NTE was changed to a 5c last time an engineer came out and only a router has ever been plugged into it I have no extensions (not that it matters now I'm on DV). I always thought it was crosstalk but I wouldn't imagine my speed would be as affected as it is?

I still think my profile doesn't match what my package is but I agree with you that my attainable should be much higher anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

The faults have caused DLM to band your line at 40M.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

But as far as I know there is no fault? There is definitely an issue but it's not severe enough to warrant looking into no doubt.

Does BT do GEA tests that might tell if something's up I bet.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Even if your connection is banded and you can get out of the banding you currently are not going to get greater than your attainable  48mb

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Correct, but my Max Attainable is on the very low side of an impacted line as you said previously. I highly doubt I'll ever get DLM to release its grip on my line unless something drastic changes.  I reckon I'm on an impeded pair myself but the line is stable and it does what ai need I guess. Plus I'm moving in a few months and FTTP is somewhere on the horizon although no news of even planning stages yet! It just bugs me that I'm receiving short of what I should be.

Engineers probably don't care enough about copper these days as it's being superceded by full fibre whenever that becomes available. All new builds round here have it but no plans for existing premises to get it as of yet meh!

0 Ratings