cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fault help!

Our broadband and phone went down at 6.20pm on Wednesday along with most of our estate. We have building works going on and BT Openreach vans here every day, but having spoken to one of them "nothing to do with us" and they weren't aware of the estate wide outages. The rest of our estate came back on the following morning but not ours.  Reported via the text diagnosistic bot and they tested and said we need an engineer. The red light is on on the white box, router itself seems fine. No signal. On logging in the fault is listed as slow connection which is incorrect we have no service whatsoever. No engineer has shown up so far. Now the fault fix estimate has changed from today to 10th Oct - not good enough when 2 of us work from home. Cannot get answers anywhere,  hoping one of the mods here can investigate for me as been very helpful in the past. I should note we have done all the suggested fixes, power cycling etc etc. My account says we should have a mini hub for this eventuality but never had one. My mobile signal is dreadful so trying to navigate all this is almost impossible. Please help!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fault help!

Hi @cjmole I'm sorry about the fault with your broadband and I can appreciate the inconvenience this is causing. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. Please note we are very busy at the moment so it may take us longer than usual to respond.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @NeilO, sent message, seems it is resolved (fingers crossed) hoping it's not a temporary fix (builders cut through a cable if anyone interested lol)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If builders cut the cable and you now have service then it should be resolved, unless they cut it again.

0 Ratings