cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Broadband dropping connection

Hi,

Our broadband is consistently dropping out for 2 mins every day, this can happen once or twice or anywhere up to 10 times a day. We have had engineers out to fix and after replacing the socket and other things the issue still persists and the engineers can no longer find anything when they come over. I have tried factory resetting the hub several times but nothing changes. 

I have dialled 17070 and done the quiet line test and there is no noise. 

After checking the logs every time the cut out starts it shows the same error message:

"dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was X seconds"

followed up by ":Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)"

mstev96_0-1630608256307.png

Here is the tech specs if it helps.

I would be very grateful for any help from any mods as I am running out of solutions and the engineers can no longer help.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Broadband dropping connection

Hi @mstev96 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see your connection is dropping and hasn't been resolved by the previous engineer visits. 

I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to get this looked into. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Broadband dropping connection

with all the drops in connection you describe I am really surprised the DLM has not taken action but you still have max connection speed 80/20mb 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings