cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Business FTTP - no IPV6

Go to solution

Moving from BT FTTP residential to BT FTTP Business should have been a seamless and painless journey.

On my residential service, I had perfect dynamic IPV4 and a fully working IPV6 stack.  For various work related reasons, having a fixed IP address made a lot of sense, so I opted to 'upgrade' from Residential to Business in order to leverage the Fixed IP address in the enhanced 900 service.

Well, you can guess what happened?

BT instantiated the BT Business profile as expected on the planned date.

Tick > fixed IPV4 address - works
FAIL > IPV6 - disabled by BT

I opened a ticket immediately, only to have it closed as resolved 3 times by different team members, with absolutely no update on status, and no working IPV6 stack.

I re-opened a new fault ticket, only to find that I had to spend an hour on the phone with a tier1 helpdesk rep who didn't understand the problem.

Why is BT still provisioning fixed IP services to business customers and totally ignoring the fact that IPV6 is absolutely required in a business context?  Why do the BT frontline helpdesk staff have no idea what IPV6 is?  Why do BT frontline staff have absolutely no idea what to do with the problem, or who to speak to, or what needs to be done to resolve the problem.

I have searched these forums and found lots of instances of the same problem happening, so surely over the last few years BT Business will have become more accustomed to business customers ABSOLUTELY requiring IPV6.  My business lost productivity days as a result of FTTP being implemented with its IPV6 stack.  Many of our core services are rendered over IPV6 and without it we are dead in the water.

Also, why can I not describe the issue in a fault report?  If logged in to the BT business portal and can see the faults, but I cannot comment on them, I cannot provide the relevant technical logs, and I cannot reopen a ticket that was closed by someone in BT when the matter has actually not been resolved?

IPV6 is here to stay.  The planet has already run out of IPV4 allocations.  It is unfathomable to me that BT would enable BT business fibre and do so by stripping out the IPV6 elements which already work well for residential customers.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Business FTTP - no IPV6

Go to solution

@orion_pilot 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings