cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Engineer Visit

I recently made the switch from Sky to BT, with the installation scheduled for May 19th. As I currently reside in a flat, six in a block (MDU), I'm aware that full fiber will soon be accessible in my area. My concern is whether the engineer will be able to connect us to the exchange using the new wall plate they'll be installing for fibre

Apologies if my inquiry is a bit unclear; I'm slightly anxious that the installation may not proceed as planned due to the unavailability of full fibre at the moment.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Engineer Visit

FTTP connects to an ONT and does not use the master socket like FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The engineer will not be able to do anything other than what he has ben tasked with to enable your connection.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If you are switching from Sky to BT , and FTTP isn’t available, then the same way your Sky service is delivered will be the same way your BT service is delivered, you unplug the Sky router and plug in the  BT router on the 19th of May ( if that’s the date of the migration) any technical work required would be done externally by Openreach , it’s likely you won’t even see an engineer , but simply get a text or other communication stating your new BT service should now be working.

If Openreach FTTP becomes available in the future, you would have to order it , then any work required to install the FTTP service , would be done on the appointment date 

MDU’s are often not covered when FTTP becomes available, but you can check using this checker site 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings